Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby Shower Candy Dishes

I made three of these baby shower candy dishes for my DDIL's upcoming baby shower. Would you believe I have never made a "cootie catcher" or a fortune teller before?!?! LOL These are very easy to make.
Click Here for the directions. For this project I used SU's 12x12 BerryBliss DSP...this paper worked well for this project because it's double sided. After I did all the folds it took me a bit to figure how to open the dish so it would actually look like a candy dish. *grin* The teddy bear stamp I used is from an old retired SU! set Soft and Sweet (Thanks Danyelle!) The little giraffe is from SU! Welcome, Little One. The hand print stamp is Hero Arts. The smaller punches are SU!...3/8th" and the small scallop. The large teddy bear is stamped in Close to Cocoa and punched with Marvy circle punch and backed with their scallop punch.The scallop edges have been dotted with SU!'s white gel pen.There are actually two teddy bear circles...attatched to the ribbon wrapped stick with SU! pop dots. So it's double sided.
These paper dishes will be filled with Dove chocolate eggs and JellyBelly jelly beans. Yum-O!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! What a perfect center piece!!!

Heather H. said...

What a clever idea. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I used a cootie catcher to pick my husband. Red #4....works everytime! LOL. I love that bear from the Soft and Sweet set. cute, cute candy dish

Jane said...

Very cute! I tried my hand at making these and wasn't happy with my outcome. So I'm duly impressed with yours.

Jane