Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yummy CupCakes




Trust me...these cupcakes were quite yummy!
My son, his wife and their three month old baby girl (Melanie) moved to Reno, Nevada on Sunday. But before they left we had a family dinner at my house. I made salad, chicken fettuccine and we had fresh french bread. I stopped at Costco and purchased cupcakes for dessert...those are some huge cupcakes! Now we all know that Costco sells everything in bulk and that is the case with cupcakes as well....20 cupcakes!!! So I knew I needed something to send everyone home with another cupcake. I found these Cupcake Treat Bags but I knew I needed the larger bags. I found the bags at Michael's and made the adjustments on the measurements. These actually fit one very large cupcake nicely.
And here are a few of the finished bags. These were a big hit and they will definitely be made again.
I will stop in tomorrow and post some details. Well I'm back with more details!

I used the white #3 paper sack from Michael's...4 5/8 x 2 7/8 x 8 5/8
I cut the 8 5/8" bag down to 6 3/8"
For the CS with the front flap.... 8" x 4 13/16" score at 1 1/2"
For the front piece of CS 6 1/2 x 4 13/16"
For the Chocolate Chip scallop 4 13/16 x 1 3/4

Hope these measurements help and don't confuse.


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were very nice...I hated to put a cupcake in them, I wanted to keep them nice. Very cute idea