Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Beate's Sketch Challenge

I've been doing some sketch challenges lately to get myself motivated and I cam across Beate's blog.
This was the sketch challenge from last weekend...>>>Here and this is the card I made. I bought this hydrangea stamp at Michaels quite some time ago and totally forgot I had it...till I went searching through my misc. box of stamps. I'm sure I'm not the only one who purchases something and forgets. *grin* Solid color card stock is Bazzill. The base CS is a very deep purple that I ran through my CuttleBug Devine Swirls. Layed a scrap of designer paper from the huge slab I bought from Costco that I pierced along the edges. The ribbon doesn't show too well...it's really more of a sage green. Not like the length of muddy green that is showing. Colored the imaged with watercolor crayons and layered on a scalloped square of purple. I edged the white with SU! Old Olive. Added three SU! jewel brads. Not one of my best cards...but I'm pleased.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Rochelle W said...

Very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Nice card. I like the layout.
ME

Mandy said...

This is so pretty! I love the coloring on those hydrangeas!