Sunday, February 3, 2008

Get Well Wish

When it rains it pours.
My sister recently was admitted to the hospital (she is home now). She's been battling non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for the past 7 years and is again going through chemo. She will be having a sibling stem cell transplant sometime in March....but in the mean time is very susceptible to everything and anything that comes along. I made this get well card for my sister Bunny. I love how it came together. I used Make A Wish wishing well from GinaKDesigns. This is such a great set! I colored the image with Su! watercolor crayons. Matted it on SU! Chocolate Chip CS and matted that on SU! Au Chocolate designer series paper. Added some eyelets and ribbon from a ribbon share. When the ribbon is pulled out comes the saying "wishing you well". Sorry...I forgot to get a scan of that.


The second card is very similar...except I put the saying on the bottom right corner. This card is for my doctor. I have been going to him since 1981...so we have gotten to know each other.
He has recently been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I will probably make a matching decorated nugget tin filled with hershey nuggets to go with his card. Say some prayers for these special people.


















Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Found your blog through Splitcoast. I was interested in buying Teachabella.
I'll say a prayer for your sister and your doctor. Have a nice day!

Rochelle W said...

Man, that is rough. Cute cards though. I have to break out my Gina K set. I still haven't cut it out.